Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wanderlust...I know this word has been incredibly overused. but i still like it. alot.

I have been enchanted by the notion of walking, the simplest form of transportation. Just walk. I want to walk forever, for as long as I can, without stopping, with a rhythm, with a sense of calm.

So my good friend Bryn and I were talking about it and we decided to just do it. We opened a map and set a goal.

We are going to Belfast, then to Sligo. From Sligo with just our packs and tent we are walking around 200 miles from Sligo to Galway. Coastline mainly but we will wander inland as we please. I've never done anything like it. I am so ready. Wish me luck!




1 comment:

  1. Oh Brea Brea, I just did a quick read of you blog, and wow, you write like a goddess and all of your photos are glorious, I may snatch a few to look at everyday! :) I am glad to see Bryn evolving from her favorite stencil artwork! I have some lovely photos from our Galway Days and apparently our cookie boys (hehe) are like, very famous in Oxford? Cool. Hope your adventures to the East are going well, but looks like you are trekking (or trekked) Ireland as well, how wonderful! Morocco was mad (in a good way) and I will share more later, but wanted to say hello and that I miss you! All my lovin' from Barcelona!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete