Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chungking Mansions




Crazy place. Wow. What a mixture of races, cultures, and commerce all in one spot. My friend John sent me this article talking about this rundown building in the middle of Kowloon that has many uses. I was in the area so I decided to check it out. Stayed on the lower floors because according to my uncle the higher up you go the more sketch it gets. It defiantly felt a bit off. Stall after stand after stall was filled with black market cell phones, electronics, and pirated DVDs mixed with amazing smells of Indian curry. Apparently there is also a movie called Chungking Express that was made in 94 by a Hong Kong director. Looks pretty interesting. If I wasn't traveling alone it would be a fun adventure to stay a night or two.

here is the article: http://www.worldhum.com/features/travel-stories/hope_and_squalor_at_chungking_mansion_20070813/N2/#comments

1 comment: