Tuesday, February 23, 2010





I’m here in the middle of central Hong Kong, SoHo area. Sipping on a lime rimmed sol beer and awaiting a basket of chips and guacamole. Ladies and gentlemen this city is crazy diverse and I am in the center of expat ville. You can get any type of cuisine paired with any type of atmosphere. What brought me to this little abode? My hairdresser Clemente read some articles about the Hispanic community in Hong Kong and their restaurants. I am here to say yes, they do exist, and yes they are run by the peeps that know how to do it authentic style, and yes it is fantastic! Mmmm. I'm also going to check out a taco cart on the other side of town sometime this week. See if it's any better.

The song “all my single ladies” is playing by Beyonce and all I can think of is Colette Grubbs and Jake Grubb. Love you two!

Rode the bus into town today. Takes about 50 mins. Hoped off, walked across a couple of sky bridges, then rode one of the longest escalators of my life. Just looked it up and it is the longest outdoor escalator system in the world. Hong Kong is a huge hill. Reminds me of San Fran.

Highlight of my day: Realizing that getting lost is OK. In fact it is better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment