Tuesday, March 2, 2010




I'm getting pretty good at walking, riding the MTR, and getting lost. I'm constantly reminded of how directionally challenged I am. Give me a map, two cross roads, and a place to meet, and you have a fifty fifty chance of me meeting you there.

Hong Kong is sticky and humid yet anything indoors is an icy antarctic air-con. This leads to me feeling hot outside to being freeze blasted to death once I enter the subway or a store. I have to carry a sweatshirt and scarf in my bag even though it is high 70's with 93% humidity outside. wacko

These are my fav photos of the day. HOMELESS I AM :) and loving it!

Just finished Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer.. it was beautiful and charming.

quotes :

Do you think I'm wonderful? she asked him one day as they leaned against the trunk of a petrified maple.
No, he said.
Why?
Because so many girls are wonderful. I imagine hundreds of men have called their loves wonderful today, and it's only noon, You couldn't be something that hundreds of others are.
Are you saying that I am not-wonderful?
Yes, I am.
Do you think I am not-Beautiful?
You are incredibly not-beautiful. You are the farthest possible thing from beautiful.

From space, astronauts can see people making love as a tiny speck of light. Not light, exactly, but a glow that could be mistaken for light- a coital radiance that takes generations to pour like honey through the darkness to the astronaut's eyes.

if there is no love in the world, we will make a new world, and we will give it heavy walls, and we will furnish it with soft red interiors, from the inside out, and give it a knocker that resonates like a diamond falling to a jeweler's felt so that we should never hear it. Love me, because love doesn't exist, and I have tired everything that does.



1 comment:

  1. I love the blue crumbling painted fence! Think of the lead dripping from it! The quote about un-wonderful is great... sometimes we need new words to express our feelings.. pour like honey through the darkness...

    ReplyDelete