Saturday, March 6, 2010






Woke up at 8am to get to an early showing of Alice and Wonderland. It was about 5 bucks cheaper so I figured it was worth the early rise. The new version was pretty good, worth seeing. Alice and Wonderland was the only movie I would watch when I was sick as a little girl. It was my comfort movie.

After the movie went to see one of the tallest sitting buddha statues in the world. We rode cable cars up and over Lantau island. It was a 30 min ride and we opted for the crystal cabin, which was all clear plastic all around. The feeling was great, I couldn't help but be reminded of the glass elevator in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Once we got to the top it was pretty foggy and windy but not too horrible. We walked up a couple flights of stairs to get to the top and hang out with this massive copper buddha. I waited for the spiritual energy but got nothin. too bad.

Next back down and over to the Po Lin Monestary. I loved every bit of the incense offerings. They were so beautiful and the smell intoxicating. The smoke was so thick you could barely breathe and the world in front of you blurry. Its sticky thickness stuck into the fibers of all my clothes and hair. The temple was filled with flowers in every corner, tourists weren't allowed inside but just standing by the doors and you could inhale the sweet scent. Mmm it was yummy. Robed monks were chanting loudly in unison. I wondered if they felt like a theme park show with all of the tourists gawking in at them.



Went home and finished all of my portuguese entries for the term! Yahoo!!

Off to mainland China tomorrow for a 3 day trip to hang out with the Yao people in a rural village with a pig farm. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Brea, can you get the sticky bun off of the top picture? When i open your blog, there is no way to tell if you have a new post, because the sticky bun is still on top..
    the temple sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete