Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pie and Mash




London smiled on me the first two days I set foot here. The sun was shining and all was new and blissful.

This past week has been full of fun, friends, pints, and coffee.

I can now officially say that I have experienced college dorms, male college dorms to be exact. I have been living in the cave of a room that my friend Tom lives in. I have also endured 8 days using the public dorm toilets, which has been delightful.

Too much fun = not much sleep, lots of booze, and coffee to try and get through it all. I have been in a daze that works out quite well when you have no responsibilities in the world besides being a tourist.

I have seen the artworks of Andy Warhol, Picasso, Holbein, Monet, Van Gough, Dali, Pollock, Duchamp, Bacon, and many more… most of the Art museums are free in London, which make them a great place to escape.

I have eaten proper Indian Curry, A proper English breakfast, Fish and Chips, and Pie and Mash.

I have imbibed in Snakebite (black current cordial with beer and cider), Pimms, Sambuca(licorice liquor), Hard apple Cider, and of course pints and pints of golden blissful beer.

Big Ben is as cool as he seems.

The changing of the guards in front of Buckingham Palace was a laugh. It seemed like a slow badly choreographed dance played by the silly silly men with bayonets and bear skin hats.

Everywhere you look there is an old beautiful building.

Most houses are made of brick with the most charming rainbow colored doors.



No comments:

Post a Comment